Sunday, October 25, 2009

Autumn Days


This is my favorite time of the year. I used to think it was only because my birthday is in September! Now I realize there is SO much I love about Fall.
The temperatures are usually cooler and I hate to be hot.
The air seems cleaner somehow and it smells wonderful.
The apples are delicious, the stars are lovely and everyone is calm as school is back in and the holiday rush hasn't started yet.
The first time I fell in love, it was Fall.
My first baby's birthday is in October (as well as two others!)
While I hate Halloween I sure can't complain about the abundance of those delicious "Fun Size" candy bars so I don't have to get sick of one flavor, I can have them all! And clearly I do :0)

Today was one of my favorite Fall activities--leaves!!
This is how our yard looked this morning...


And after a couple of hours and all hands on deck we had 20 leaf bags full!

Before the day turned to this...
Just one more reason that I love this season...the dark clouds and the windy rainy days when hot cocoa and a book or old movie are the best way to spend the day!
Autumn in Provo is wonderful :0)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Mountains! Mountains! I love those mountains!

jendoop said...

Glad you are all feeling better. Wish I could hang out with you on one of these cloudy and cold days and watch a movie.