Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Guarding Stance--Yes Sir!


This afternoon was Kian's first official Karate class. He is very excited to get there and get some "iy yahs" done! That's what they have to say every time they kick or punch.


He is showing off his "guarding stance"

Look at my little white belt...I am very impressed with their philosophy. I have had no contact or experience with Karate except for the obvious Karate Kid, but they really teach the kids about respect, courtesy, focus, positive attitude and staying clean.
He even gets Karate homework besides practicing his moves, he has to keep his room clean, read everyday and do other chores of his choice without being asked.
He can't wait to go back...yay!!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I love Karate. That is awesome and so fun for Kian. Cleaning his room for homework...maybe I should enroll all of my kids:-)